First up is the One Lovely Blog Award.
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Paste the award image on your blog (look right)
- Tell 7 Facts About Yourself (look down)
1510 other blogs that you would like to give the award to. (I will be a rebel in this one)
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen and let them know about the award. (Will do with pleasure)
1. I have been blogging since I was 11, meaning since we got Internet at the family apartment. This is my 5th blog or so, first one in English (I’m Polish and, well, spoke Polish for most of my life). Back then it was so cool and hip, that I aspired to be a graphic designer and do blog layouts. None of those back-in-the-day skills are with me anymore, unfortunately.
2. In 2009, I shaved my previously long, blonde hair off almost for a cause (long story short, I wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love, but I went a little too far with asymmetrical haircuts and dyes for my hair to be donate-able). I should write about that.
3. This year I will turn 21 (FINALLY!!!) and as of now, I’ve visited 21 countries. My life goal is to make that number at least 150, or ideally 196 (dear uncle Google tells me that’s currently the number of countries in the world)
4. I have ridden an elephant in India and… hated it. (another thing I should probably write about)
5. As a teenager I chose to pierce my ears over getting my first cellphone.
6. I have read the Harry Potter series (or parts of it) in Polish and Spanish, but not yet in its original version – English.
7. When tagging my posts, I haven’t yet used “backpacking”, even though that’s what I write about. It wasn’t on purpose! It’s just the obvious that is the hardest to realize, it seems.
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog. (same spiel: look right)
- Answer 10 questions about yourself. (look down)
- Nominate other fabulous bloggers.(keep looking down)
- Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated. (will do)
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
What is your favorite childhood memory?
Finding out that I will have a little sister. I was 7. I think the first person I shared this lovely news with was my kindergarden teacher.
What is a real fear you have?
I kind of don’t like being surprised by spiders.
How would you describe yourself?
21 years old ambitious Polish traveler? For now.
What Countries have you lived in?
Poland, India, USA, Guatemala (does a summer count?)
What is your style?
Of… clothing? Cute. I like cute things! Hipster wannabe (take that with a pint of salt). But mostly comfortable. Or in exams period: first pair of jeans I can lay my hands on and a hoodie.
What is your favorite breakfast food?
Ooooh! This is an exciting one. Avocado toast! Or cottage cheese with spring onions on fresh bread. Or my grandma’s scrambled eggs. Or granola with yoghurt and berries. Or mangoes. Definitely mangoes.
What are some of your hobbies?
Writing. Reading. Spinning fire. Traveling. Languages. Cooking. Sustainability related stuff. Sometimes swimming. Sometimes yoga. Sometimes hiking. Sometimes biking.
If you could tell people anything, what would be the most important thing to say?
You can make the difference.
What is one of your passions?
Changing the world (one more pint of salt, please). But really: sustainable development; and writing.
What is the one truth you have learned?
That I need to keep learning more. Always.
Now, isn’t this entertaining?
Banana Skin Flip Flops (amazing travel blog that was definitely an inspiration for me)
Jump For Joy (simply such an awesome initiative! who doesn’t love jumping photos?)
boy & the rabbit (amazing recipes; mostly vegan; and a good dose of writing)
Everywhere Once (speaks for itself. Great travel blog.)
Burk Krohe (just discovered it today; it’s funny and I like it!)
The Nomad Grad (funny girl with funny stories and so much traveling!)
The Vagabond Baker (such beautiful food, and such cool lifestyle)
Sophie’s World (someone who inspired me)
The Volunteer Fringe (interesting travel stories from another perspective)
Around The World Or Bust (simply a great plan!)
As an extra: if you have not yet heard of the Thought Catalog – go and waste some hilarious hours on their random, but entertaining articles!
Thank you so much again, Lillian!